Helpful Moving Tips!
Here are many moving tips that you should know while moving house! From the Focus Team.
- Take photos before you move into a rented property, proof of any damage to the property already. It also means that you will get your deposit back!
- Use suitcases for your heaviest items – They have handles so they are easy to move and can support the weight.
- Cut handles in the sides of your boxes, making it easier to carry them.
- Put tape on your mirrors to prevent breaks – the take will absorb the shock.
- Change your address in advance – So when you move in your post is already there.
- Put paper plates between your china plates, this will prevent them from breaking and give them padding.
- Label your boxes on the side not on the top, you will be able to see what is instead of them when they are stacked.
- Use sandwich bags for little items such as earrings and screws.
- Cling film the utensil draw – means it does not need to be emptied and they wont fall out!
- Use white soap or toothpaste to fill in nail holes from where you have hung pictures in the old property.
- Ball up your socks and use them as padding in the gaps of boxes to prevent items from falling about in them.
- Use strong tape on draws so they do not slide out.
- Take breaks while moving, make sure you stay hydrated and eat every so often – falling ill when moving is never good!
- Pack a box or two with essentials, so you have it for your first night in the property. Toiletries, pyjama’s, tea and coffee set, toothbrush and toothpaste, etc.
- If you can go to your new property before the moving day, go to the property and clean the bathroom and kitchen ready for when you move in.
- Take a photo of your electronic wires, this makes it easier when reconnecting them at the new property – no more guessing!
- Make your last food shop two weeks prior your move.
- Use towels to protect items in packed boxes.
- Don’t forget to call the locksmiths to get the locks changed on your new property.
- Once you are all moved in, celebrate with a drink of your choice!
Any questions call Focus Removals today to speak to a member of our team on 01429 867 600